Saturday, June 25, 2005

Bible Study - June 26th

Psalm 13 (The Message)

1Long enough, GOD- you've ignored me long enough.
I've looked at the back of your head
long enough. 2Long enough
I've carried this ton of trouble,
lived with a stomach full of pain.
Long enough my arrogant enemies
have looked down their noses at me.

3Take a good look at me, GOD, my God;
I want to look life in the eye,
4So no enemy can get the best of me
or laugh when I fall on my face.

5I've thrown myself headlong into your arms--
I'm celebrating your rescue.
6I'm singing at the top of my lungs,
I'm so full of answered prayers.


Notes:
The words from Kenny Roger's song, "You've got to know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em" - remind us of the perrenial problem ... when to act and when to wait.

Patience can be a virtue and a vice ... too much tolerance or too little can be bad.

The psalmist is losing his patience. He brings before the Lord his lament. He doesn't feel as thought God is paying attention.

So often in our prayers ... we want it NOW. We can't wait any longer.

What is the relationship between praying for something ... and being willing to wait for it. Is God's time our time? Is there a time when we just can't stand it any longer and we have to have an answer. These are some of the questions raised in Psalm 13 - our scripture reading for this sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home